6 Ways To a Less Painful Back
Are you looking for a better way to manage your back pain? This article will give you great tips that will help any back pain sufferer get through the day. Keep reading if you’d like to take the pain out of your day-to-day life.
- Make sure you’re drinking enough water every day. With seventy percent of our bodies being water, it’s important that we keep hydrated. Water can keep your body loose and fluid rather than stiff. Staying hydrated will also keep your inter-vertebral disks functioning as shock absorbers to take a lot of the pressure off the rest of the body.
- Do not lift anything that is too far away from you. Always move closer to the object and do not twist around to grab something like in the back seat of a car for example. Do not extend from the couch and reach for things that are too far away either.
- Exercise is one of the best ways to help get rid of and prevent back pain. You might think that exercise can cause further back pain, and it obviously could if you chose the wrong type or amount of exercise. However, exercise is good for you, and too must rest can actually hurt your back even more.
- If you suffer from problems with back pain, heat and ice your back. In the first two to three days of back pain, you want to put ice on it to reduce the inflammation. After the first three days of icing your back you want to apply heat to loosen and relax your muscles.
- To prevent getting back pain, you need to make sure that you exercise on a regular basis. This will help increase and strengthen the muscles in your back. You just need to be careful that you are not lifting weights that are too heavy and that you are not doing anything else that could actually cause an injury.
- Last but not least, some back pain actually comes AFTER back surgery, which takes a toll on the body. Instead of traditional surgery, consult a pain management center that practices natural treatments like PRP therapy and Prolotherapy. These minimally invasive injections offer amazing pain relief without all the trauma of involved surgery.
While these tips may not completely eliminate your back pain, they should be a great help. Doing what you can to ease your back pain will help you live your life the way you want to live it. Give the advice in this article a try. You’ll be amazed at how effective it can be.